Welcome to Issue 8!
This is our weekly high level summary of everything happening in the Modverse across the AI Engine, Mojo, and our Community. Sign Up for the Newsletter Here!
Check out our upcoming event ModCon here.
Come and see incredible folks like:
- Bratin Saha - AWS
- Bryan Catanzaro - NVIDIA
- Cack Wilhelm - IVP
- Chris Re - Stanford
- Damien Sereni - Meta
- Dave Munichiello - GV
- Deep Nishar - General Catalyst
- Kelsey Szot - Adept AI
- Kari Briski - NVIDIA
- Lex Fridman - AI Researcher
- Swyx - Latent.space
- Vivek Raghunathan - Snowflake
Plus many more and the whole Modular Team.
Tickets are selling quick, get yours now!
- Mojo v0.5.0 was released with a large amount of features, changes, and bug fixes. Read the changelog here
- Mostafa was welcomed to the team this week as our new Performance & Compiler Engineering Lead
- We'll be hosting a livestream discussing the Mojo 0.5.0 release this Thursday
We already have very significant demand for our EAP, but you can add yourself to our waiting list and we will try to reach out when new spots open.
An overview of language changes, relevant community projects, and the most common issues.
- Guidorice created a project named mojo-pytest for testing Mojo code
- rd4com added a tutorial for creating an unsafe collection of structs
New Popular Feature Requests
Please upvote tickets with a thumbs up that you want to see supported and fixed most!
- 1078: Mac M1 homebrew installation fails with "The arm64 architecture is required for this software": Make sure Rosetta is unticked, uninstall and reinstall homebrew. More details for fixes in the ticket.
- 1085: Importing the numpy C-extensions failed: follow the steps here