Welcome to Issue 9!
This is our weekly high level summary of everything happening in the Modverse across the AI Engine, Mojo, and our Community. Sign Up for the Newsletter Here!
- Shashank released a blog post detailing what's new in Mojo v0.5.0
- We're now taking Mojo project submissions for ModCon Contest where you could win prizes and be invited to present on stage
- We hosted a community livestream focused on Mojo v0.5.0 and answered questions from the community
Check out our upcoming event ModCon here.
Come and see incredible folks like:
- Bratin Saha - AWS
- Bryan Catanzaro - NVIDIA
- Cack Wilhelm - IVP
- Chris Re - Stanford
- Damien Sereni - Meta
- Dave Munichiello - GV
- Deep Nishar - General Catalyst
- Kelsey Szot - Adept AI
- Kari Briski - NVIDIA
- Lex Fridman - AI Researcher
- Swyx - Latent.space
- Vivek Raghunathan - Snowflake
Plus many more and the whole Modular Team.
Tickets are selling quick, get yours now!
We already have very significant demand for our EAP, but you can add yourself to our waiting list and we will try to reach out when new spots open.
An overview of language changes, relevant community projects, and the most common issues.
- Vilson has been experimenting with mojograd, a Mojo reimplementation of micrograd
- Dan created a spreadsheet detailing all GitHub Mojo repos. Backend repo here.
- Maxim updated mojo-sort with generic quick and insertion sort, and a string specific multi key quick sort
- Mojopunch built a Mojo Programming Helper using OpenAI's new custom GPT feature
New Popular Feature Requests
Please upvote tickets with a thumbs up that you want to see supported and fixed most!
- 1078: Mac M1 homebrew installation fails with "The arm64 architecture is required for this software": Make sure Rosetta is unticked, uninstall and reinstall homebrew. More details for fixes in the ticket.
- 1085: Importing the numpy C-extensions failed: follow the steps here