Welcome to Issue 7!
This is our weekly high level summary of everything happening in the Modverse across the AI Engine, Mojo, and our Community. Sign Up for the Newsletter Here!
- The entire Modular team got together in Austin last week to plan for upcoming features and announcements 😉
We already have very significant demand for our EAP, but you can add yourself to our waiting list and we will try to reach out when new spots open.
An overview of language changes, relevant community projects, and the most common issues.
- Maxim created a repo for reading and writing to CSV in Mojo using SIMD
- Maxim also wrote a gist and blog for how he handles Mojo dependencies in his projects
- Aydyn continues to make improvements to llama2.mojo and Lex noticed
- Adam added Mojo to Emacs LSP support
- ilay0x started a forum specifically for Mojo discussions: https://mojo-forum.com
- manatlan has been benchmarking a Sudoku resolver in different languages including Mojo, can you make the Mojo version even faster?
- Congratulations to Maxim and Aydyn who were made moderators on Discord this week, thanks for all your efforts! 🔥🚀
New Popular Feature Requests
Please upvote tickets with a thumbs up that you want to see supported and fixed most!
- 1138: Automatically generate Python bindings from Mojo package
- 1092: Support for macOS - Intel
- 1093: Support for Linux arm64 CPU's
New Common Issues
- 1078: Mac M1 homebrew installation fails with "The arm64 architecture is required for this software": Make sure Rosetta is unticked, uninstall and reinstall homebrew. More details for fixes in the ticket
- Importing the numpy C-extensions failed: follow the steps here