Welcome to Issue 4!
This is our weekly high level summary of everything happening in the Modverse across the AI Engine, Mojo, and our Community. Sign Up for the Newsletter Here!
- Shashank released a video: Introduction to tensors in Mojo
- Jack released a video: Cross Platform Mojo App with Conda, PyTorch and Matplotlib
- Modular released a sneak-peak of Aydyn's project llama2.mojo running on Apple Silicon
- Chris spoke at TechCrunch Disrupt about creating an AI startup, culture, hiring, and customer focus
- Chris, Abdul, and Jeff will give the keynote this Thursday at the LLVM Developer Conference discussing Mojo. Subscribe to the LLVM YouTube channel to be alerted when it's released
We already have very significant demand for our EAP, but you can add yourself to our waiting list and we will try to reach out when new spots open.
An overview of language changes, relevant community projects, and the most common issues.
Mojo v0.4.0 was released with many features and bug fixes, such as a file module for basic IO, default parameter values, and an improved and simplified parallelize function.
- PriNova released a repository showing how to package a Mojo library with Github Actions
- Active Learning has been working on a series of Mojo tutorials, the latest is Matrix from Scratch
- sa started a repo named mo-time for common DateTime functionality
- mzaks created various sorting algorithms in mojo-sort, with a benchmark showing one outperforming the stdlib implementation!
Most Common Issues
Please upvote tickets with a thumbs up that you want to see supported and fixed most!
Support for different operating systems still remain the most highly upvoted open tickets:
- #510: Support for macOS: most requested feature, support coming soon
- #620: Native Windows Support: coming after macOS, you can use WLS2 or docker containers for now
- #572: Can't install on arch linux: please see GitHub repo arch-mojo, for a community alternative until we have official support
Please upvote with a thumbs up if you're receiving the same error:
- #1002: Illegal instruction running minimal mojo program please report the output of lscpu to the ticket if you're receiving the same error
- #551: Unable to locate a suitable libpython when running Mojo executable you can use conda to install libpython and link Mojo to that learning resource here
- #670: Failed to reach URL, couldn't resolve host name VPN can resolve this issue in some cases
- #598: Failed to reach URL timeout was reached requires connection speed of 600kbs+ to download before timeout. Working on compressing artifacts and adding a download bar