Last Updated: May 2nd, 2023
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Users shall use the Platform in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and all of the guidelines set forth herein.
2. User Safety
We do not allow conduct, content or activity on Modular that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- is sexually obscene or relates to sexual exploitation or abuse, including of minors;
- is libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent;
- is discriminatory or abusive toward any individual or group;
- is false, inaccurate, or intentionally deceptive information and likely to adversely affect the public interest (including health, safety, election integrity, and civic participation);
- harasses or abuses another individual or group, including our employees, officers, and agents, or other Users;
- threatens or incites violence toward any individual or group, especially on the basis of who they are;
- gratuitously depicts or glorifies violence, including violent images; or
- is off-topic, or interacts with Platform features in a way that significantly or repeatedly disrupts the experience of other Users.
Intellectual Property, Authenticity, and Private Information
We do not allow content or activity on Modular that:
- attempts to reverse engineer, scrape, or otherwise utilize the Platform for any competitive purposes, including but not limited to discovering Modular IP that constitutes Confidential Information for use in a competitive product;
- infringes any intellectual property, privacy, or proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, personal information or other rights;
- unlawfully shares unauthorized product licensing keys, software for generating unauthorized product licensing keys, or software for bypassing checks for product licensing keys, including extension of a free license beyond its trial period; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives, including through false association with Modular, or by fraudulently misrepresenting one’s identity or the Platform’s purpose.
- Spam and Inauthentic Activity
We do not allow content or activity on Modular that is:
- automated excessive bulk activity and coordinated inauthentic activity, such as
- cryptocurrency mining;
- bulk distribution of promotions and advertising;
- inauthentic interactions, such as fake accounts and automated inauthentic activity;
- creation of or participation in secondary markets for the purpose of the proliferation of inauthentic activity;
- using Modular for propagating abuse on other platforms;
- phishing or attempted phishing; or
- using Modular servers for any form of excessive automated bulk activity, to place undue burden on our servers through automated means, or to relay any form of unsolicited advertising or solicitation through our servers, such as get-rich-quick schemes.
5. Site Access and Safety
We do not allow content or activity on Modular that:
- directly supports unlawful active attack or malware campaigns that are causing technical harms, such as using the Platform to deliver malicious executables or as attack infrastructure, for example by organizing denial of Platform attacks or managing command and control servers, with no implicit or explicit dual-use purpose prior to the abuse occurring; or
- uses our servers to disrupt or to attempt to disrupt, or to gain or to attempt to gain unauthorized access to, any platform, device, data, account or network.
6. Platforms Usage Limits
Users will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, scrape, re-use or exploit any portion of the Platform, use of the Platform, or access to the Platform without Modular’s express written permission.
7. Information Usage Restrictions
Users may not use information from the Platform (whether scraped, downloaded through our Platform, or obtained otherwise) for spamming purposes, including for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails to users or selling personal information, such as to recruiters, headhunters, and job boards.
While we understand that Users may want to promote their respective User Generated Content by posting supporters' names or logos in its account, the primary focus of the User Generated Content posted to the Platform should not be advertising or promotional marketing. Users may include static images, links, and promotional text in the README documents or project description sections associated with its Account(s), but they must be related to the AI Algorithms Users and Developers are sharing on the Platform. Users may not advertise by posting monetized or excessive bulk content.
If a User decide to post any promotional materials in its account, User is solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's Guidelines on Endorsements and Testimonials. Modular reserves the right to remove any promotional materials or advertisements that, in our sole discretion, violate any Modular terms or policies.
10. User Protection
User must not engage in activity that significantly harms other Users. Modular will interpret policies and resolve disputes in favor of protecting Users as a whole.